What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing individualised support for people with disability, their families and carers. Disability can affect anyone and having the right support makes a big difference.
The Healthy Body Company is a registered NDIS provider offering Physiotherapy supports.
We can assist you if you’re just starting your NDIS journey. There are multiple factors to consider when applying for NDIS. Fortunately, you don’t have to do this alone, and our team of health professionals are available to help make your journey as simple as possible!
In order to access Physio services under the NDIS, follow the next three steps:
- Follow the NDIS checklist for eligibility. Click > here
- Contact the NDIS on 1800 800 110 and an NDIS representative will assist you with your questions.
- Once your application is approved you will then work with a Local Area Coordinator or Planner to lay out your needs and goals. They will also assist you in allocating your funding to the necessary services.
If you are already approved by NDIS, contact us to book an initial appointment. Upon the initial contact please notify us that you are NDIS approved and your NDIS registration number and how your fund is being managed.
You and your physiotherapist will then design a suitable service agreement/plan at your first appointment
The team at The Healthy Body Company is here to support you to:
- Understand the NDIS and how it works
- Identify goals and aspirations that the NDIS may fund
Our therapists are experienced in the treatment of multiple chronic conditions such as:
- Physical Disabilities (Amputations, Post-Surgical)
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Acquired Brain Injuries
- Neurological Injuries (e.g. Strokes, Multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, Cerebral palsy)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Our consultations can be both in the home or in our clinic as required.
We will be able to provide you with:
- Pain Management Treatment
- Home Exercise Programs for Rehabilitation
- Advice on the Management of your Condition
- Recommendations for Mobility & Equipment Aids
- Advice on Transfers within the Home & out in the Community