Exercise has been shown to be extremely beneficial in the management of Diabetes. Together with Diabetes NSW we are running a Beat-It exercise class twice a week for 8 weeks. For those who are keen to continue exercises after the program completion, we are also offering maintenance exercise classes once a week.
At our Jordan Springs rooms we also run the Beat-It program with our maintenance Diabetes classes on Mondays and Wednesdays.
On Fridays at Jordan Springs Physiotherapist Renee runs a class for Parkinson’s disease. Benefits of exercise in Parkinson’s include improved strength, balance and flexibility as well control over gross motor movements (such as walking). Research suggests that it may also delay the progression of Parkinson’s!
In Caringbah we run:
- Move It or Lose It classes for Seniors in Caringbah on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Exercise has been shown to be extremely beneficial as we get older. Heart health, bonemineral density, joint health, strength and function can be maintained or improved through regular physical activity.
- Maintaining independence and decreasing the risk of falls have also been attributed to leg strengthening and balance exercises.
- Small group physiotherapy led exercise classes for those returning to exercise after injury or pregnancy, or if you would just like to exercise in a supported environment.
- Group classes can help with motivation levels, building connections with those in a similar place as yourself and with our physiotherapist supervision your exercise progression will be tailored to you.
Click here for more information about our small group exercise classes
If you have any questions or don’t know if exercise classes would suit you, get in contact with us.
One of our physios would be happy to chat with you and provide you with some advice!