It is reported that 1 in 3 Australian’s will suffer from back pain at some time in their life. Back pain can be brought on by numerous factors such as:
- A motor vehicle accident
- A sports Injury
- A work related incident
- Or a culmination of bad habits that have built up over time.
The most common symptoms of back pain are
- Persistent aching or stiffness, anywhere along the spine, this can be in the lower, middle or upper part of the back.
- Sharp or stabbing pain, again this can be in the neck, middle back or lumbar region. This is most likely to be experienced after lifting a heavy object or a heavy hit while playing sports.
- Chronic back pain can come on in the middle or lower back, and is more common after sitting or standing after extended periods
- Other forms of back pain can cause radiating pain, down the buttocks, down the back of the tight, into the calf and toes, at times this can be referred to as sciatica.
- Inability to stand straight due to muscle spasm
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms or if back pain that is something that is bothering you, make an appointment to see our expert Physiotherapists who will assess and guide you in your recovery.